Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Letter to Editor

Dear Editor,
I am complaining about the beating of John Power aka ‘Brother Man’ that took place last week on Orange Lane. I found that the brutal beating of a wrongly accused man was uncalled for. Just because the guy that did the gruesome act was a Rasta they took him for Brother Man? That is unacceptable! They jumped to conclusions before finding facts.
Brother Man has never done anything to harm or hurt anyone. He is a kind and giving individual, we see that on a daily basis whenever he interacts with others. He always helps others and think about him last. He helped everyone even his enemies. Again I say Brother Man did not deserve the treatment he got.
I still couldn’t believe how some were acting towards the man they all looked to for spiritual guidance. As stood there, I felt quite ashamed of myself but no doing anything. But a female came to his rescue and tried her best to protect him but the brutal on-lookers kept on with their stone-throwing.
I don’t really know if the villagers of Orange Lane have a problem with ‘Rastas” but it’s a problem that should be looked into because they are humans too and deserve their respect just as much as anyone else.
Brother Man is a forgiving man but I think a public apology is needed in his case. Not only because of the beating but for disregarding his pride.

A concerned citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment